Thank you all for your prayers! We arrived safely and on time at 4:15 local time in TelAviv, Israel. After gathering luggage and loading onto the bus we rode to the Grand Beach Hotel in TelAviv. We enjoyed a good supper in the hotel at 7:00 pm, a group meeting, and then many went on an evening stroll on the beach of the Mediterranean Sea. TelAviv is the modern day Joppa where Jonah set sail to head for Tarshish running from God's call to go to Nineveh. We enjoyed a scoop of ice cream on the shore of the Mediterranean as a bedtime snack. The temperature is very comfortable! We were also able to see a Jewish wedding taking place on an outdoor deck of a beach front restaurant.
We are all very excited, but exhausted from the trip. You can imagine Centira shouting "Yoohoo!" as we landed and the plane load applauding as we arrived safely.
Tomorrow we will be up early and on our way up to Jerusalem and then down to the Dead Sea. Along the way we will stop at Qumran where the Dead Sea scrolls were found. Then after the Dead Sea, we will travel south to Eliat, the southern most point in Israel.
We are thrilled to be here! Thank you so much for your prayers. Two girls Rachel and Janna, who joined us from Pennsylvania were delayed in the Pittsburg airport. It did not look possible that they would make the connection in Atlanta. We spent time praying for them and the Lord answered prayer. Not only did they board the plane just as they were closing the door, their luggage made it on board as well. The Lord reminded us that He loves to do exceeding, abundantly, above what we ask or think . . . He even put them in First Class! Upon arrival we met Rachel and Janna and found out that Nancy taught Janna in Kindergarten at Southside years ago. It is a small world. We have enjoyed renewing the acquaintance.
Well everyone else has gone to bed and I must get there too. I will add more to the blog as I am able. Thank you again for your prayers and joining us on our journey via the blog.
8 comments:
Yoohoo! Thank you Pastor for your detailed entry. I know we all appreciate this very much! What a nice story about Rachel and Janna making the flight and being blessed with a first class seat! I am so excited for all of you! I only wish I could be there as well.
I feel so blessed to be able to pray for all of you. You have all been so blessed to be able to go.
I also wish I could be there to hear some of your "Brief Challenges" that I am sure you will give. :)
Annette Hesson
WOW! Icecream on the Mediterranean--I'm jealous! It was great to hear of your safe arrival--thanks for all the info. I suppose it's the next best thing to being there. Please let the group know we are praying. Continue to have a blessed time.
Love to you all,
Cindy
Yeah!! You are finally there!! Jackie and I have prayed for you. Please tell Centira we are so happy for her!!! So happy for you all!!! I can't wait to see all the wonderful pictures you will be taking. Doing this blog was such a great idea, and a special way to share your trip with us!!
I so appreciated seeing the pictures and the message the other Sunday night about Israel. Lord willing I will get there one day!!!
Love to Nancy, Centira, and Bunny!!! I will be praying for you all. Kathy
Love to Jackie also!!
Israel Team,
I was praying that everyone would make their flights with their luggage and Bible, especially after sleeping in the O'Hare airport myself a few weeks ago.
I am praying that you are all able to sleep well. I slept very well in Israel as I had so much to think and pray about. The longest day is behind you now :) Many that I have met say that visiting Israel with someone else is more enjoyable that your first visit. I learn more when teaching someone else, so thank you for the challenge to review and condense what I learned.
If you are able to post a photo of Anna, it my help other pray for her Salvation. That is my #1 prayer.
Serving the Lord in Aurora, IL,
Jonathan Shafer
All of Centira's co-workers were discussing her Israel trip today.
Israel Team,
I am glad to learn that Centira's co-workers are interested in her trip to Israel. You will each talk about the trip the remainder of your life. The USA is a critical supporter of Israel.
As Americans we need to understand the Biblical significance of Israel and understand what happens when a nation compromises in worshiping God. God said to worship at the temple in Jerusalem. Most of the Northern cities such as Dan contained alters for convenience in place of obeying God and going to Jerusalem.
We need revival in America!
I trust that the ladies are stocking up on Ahava today at Qumran :)
Jonathan Shafer
Checked in to see what pictures were available but I guess it is too early. Everyone is probably busy sightseeing and securing pictures. Praise the Lord for your safe arrival. I pray that the Lord will use this time in His special land to increase your love for the Lord Jesus Christ. Pastor thanks for the blog.... Give my love to all.
Post a Comment